FDSA is seeking an Executive Director
The Fredericton District Soccer Association (FDSA) is a non-profit soccer club in Fredericton, NB. Our mission is to provide all players in our community with the opportunity to reach their full potential as people and soccer players through the most rewarding and enjoyable soccer experience.
FDSA is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time, permanent position of Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for implementing the club’s long-term goals and making consistent and timely progress to achieve the club’s mission, fulfill its strategic plan, and meet its financial objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the long- and short-term objectives of the FDSA with the support of the Board of Directors and technical staff.
- Facilitating and developing committees, and assisting in organization, monitoring activities, and ensuring effective transition between years.
- Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors in regular meetings; coordinating and overseeing Board meetings and other committee meetings.
- The ED will be ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board.
- Leading, managing, and mentoring all full-time and part-time staff.
- Establishing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with sponsors, partner organizations, local political and community leaders, and allied educational and youth sports organizations to serve program participants more effectively.
- Ensuring a constant focus on customer satisfaction and prompt issue resolution.
- Continuing to grow and expand membership with emphasis on our mission and values, and expanding and adapting programs based on staff, member, and player feedback.
- Effectively managing Club expenditures and ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place to support the Club’s financial management goals.
- Overseeing the management of the office including the inventory and online store.
- Overseeing the purchasing, receiving, storage and control of all equipment and supplies.
- Working with technical staff to develop and oversee policies and procedures for coaches, team managers, and players.
- Coordinating activities to leverage existing volunteer resources to achieve club mission and goals and actively recruit committee members and volunteers where needed.
- Managing externally facing communications, including social media channels, website, newsletters, and directed mail campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, not for profit management, sport administration, or a related management field.
- Experience with business (preferably not for profit sport) leadership, including:
- Formulating and executing a fiscal budget and multi-year financial plan.
- Developing organizational cohesion and an effective team.
- Strong leadership and management skills that include the following:
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Excellent verbal, phone, and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working for a similar soccer entity (community or professional club, provincial organization, university/college program, etc.).
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Relationship Building: Proven leader of people who can establish and maintain positive working relationships with Club families/customers, staff, board members, sponsors, local community and Government.
- Communicating Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Effective interpersonal, networking and marketing skills; proven experience leveraging in person, online, social media, and other communications to advance Club’s position.
- Leading People: Success in recruiting, developing, managing, and retaining volunteers and staff. A collaborative leadership style that inspires and motivates staff as well as Club members.
- Planning and Organizing: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, evaluate processes and results.
- Solving Problems/Resolving Issues: Quickly handle member complaints and issues, league/coach/referee issues by involving the appropriate staff or process to assess problem situations, identify root cause, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations or decisions to move forward promptly.
- Thinking Strategically: Ability to think strategically and translate strategic goals and requirements into quantifiable annual plans and collaborate on opportunities presented to partner for program or programming expansion.
- Mission and Values: Highly ethical character with personal integrity. Be passionate about FDSA’s mission and live the values, ensuring they are consistently present throughout the Club’s programs. Ability to align staff and volunteers with the Club values.
- Office-based position, with remote work possible through the offseason
- Full time, year-round position
- Some evenings and weekends will be required, especially through the summer months
- Flexible office hours to offset evenings and weekends
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience within the current job market. A competitive benefits package will also be included.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20th, 2023.
The FDSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.