1. What are your office hours and where are you located?
2. Where can I find the club contact information?
3. How can I get an income tax receipt?
4. We are first time FDSA members / parents. What does our player need?
5. How do I register to be a volunteer coach, assistant coach or helper?
6. Does the club provide training for coaches / volunteers?
7. I would like to volunteer. What sort of help does the club need?
8. What is the minimum age requirement to play soccer?
9. How do I tell what age group my child would be in?
10. How / When can I register?
11. When is the last day for summer outdoor registration?
12. What forms of payment do you accept?
13. When does the outdoor recreation season start?
14. How can I find out what day(s) of the week my child will be playing?
15. What equipment do I need?
16. How are recreation league teams formed?
17. Can I play on the same team as my friends?
18. Can I change teams?
19. Do you have make-up games for games that are cancelled?
20. What do I do if the weather is bad?
21. How can I get a refund?
1. My child wants to try out for a competitive team. What are the added commitments?
2. My child cannot attend the scheduled time for competitive team tryouts. Is there another date available?
3. What happens if my child tries out for a competitive team but is not selected?
What are your office hours and where are you located? | Back to Top
Summer Hours (May- Aug)
9:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Thursday)
Fridays by appointment.
Fall/Winter Hours – Variable. Please call ahead or arrange appointment.
230 Hodgson Rd Unit #4
Fredericton, NB E3C 2G4
PO Box 413 Station A
Where can I find the club contact information? | Back to Top
Contact information can be found here.
How can I get an income tax receipt? | Back to Top
Email your receipt request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- FDSA Program Name (i.e. Elite Summer Camp)
- FULL NAME of the registrant
- DATE OF BIRTH of the registrant
- Name of the PAYEE for the receipt.
A .pdf receipt will be generated and returned to you via email.
We are first time FDSA members / parents. What does our player need? | Back to Top
Players are required to supply soccer cleats, soccer shin guards, soccer socks and comfortable shorts / pants (no zippers). Soccer cleats and shin guards are only mandatory for players ages 7-18.
How do I register to be a volunteer coach, assistant coach or helper? | Back to Top
If registering online, there is a place for you to indicate / complete your volunteer registration. If you are filling out your child’s registration form to submit in-person, there is a space on the bottom of the form to include that information. However, if you do not have children but still wish to volunteer with FDSA, simply complete the Volunteer Application Form and submit it to the office. Once we begin to form teams, the Program Director will be in touch with you.
Does the club provide training for coaches / volunteers? | Back to Top
FDSA is committed to the training of our coaches in order that our players receive the best experience possible. To that end, we encourage all volunteers to attend their respective on-field practical session where they will receive demonstrations and information on age specific drills for the entire season.
I would like to volunteer. What sort of help does the club need? | Back to Top
There are many different ways to get involved in the club. Here is a list of some volunteer positions:
- Assistant Coach
- Program Director
- Committee Member
- Board Member
If you wish to discuss any of the above options further, please contact the FDSA office by email (email@example.com) or call 451-1342. We’d be happy to utilize your expertise!
What is the minimum age requirement to play soccer? | Back to Top
We have programs for children in their 3rd year. For example, in 2023, someone born in 2020 is eligible to play in our 4U program (4 and under). We require that a parent or guardian be present at all events in case of cancellation or emergency.
How do I tell what age group my child would be in? | Back to Top
We use the age your child will be at the end of the calendar year. For example, if your child was born in 2014, he/she is considered to be an 8 year old for the 2023 summer season.
How can I register? | Back to Top
Please visit the following link: http://fdsa.powerupsports.com to set up a user profile and register.
The system will guide you through the steps to create a login and will prompt you to then complete and pay for a registration.
ALL registrations MUST now be completed using this system.
Payments can also be made in office (online registration must still be completed)
- Payment Options: Cash, Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, Debit, or e-transfer
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL late registrations incur $25 Late Fee
- Register Early. Registrations submitted AFTER the deadlines outlined will be subject to a non-refundable $25 late fee and may need to be placed on a first-come, first-serve wait list.
- Family Rate: Families with 3 or more children in FDSA programs will receive a $15 discount for each community program child and $45 for each competitive child (must register all 3 or more children at the same time to receive this discount).
- NSF Fee: A fee of $25 will be charged.
What forms of payment do you accept? | Back to Top
You can use a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) when registering online. When paying in-office, you can pay by debit, credit, cash or cheque. You can also send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I find out what day(s) of the week my child will be playing? | Back to Top
Information on practice / game nights for our recreation programs can be found here, under Programs, as well as on the PowerUp app.
What equipment do I need? | Back to Top
Recreational players will need soccer shin guards, soccer socks, and comfortable shorts (no zippers). We recommend that all players wear outdoor soccer cleats, especially those aged 7+. We will provide either a training shirt or jersey, depending on your program. Competitive players will need soccer shin guards and outdoor cleats. Competitive players receive a jersey and a pair of shorts to wear during league games which must be returned at the end of the season.
How are recreation league teams formed? | Back to Top
The main focus of our recreation league is to form teams that are as balanced as possible. Program Directors and staff use information from previous coaches, as well as age to create the teams. There are no tryouts for any rec league teams.
Can I play on the same team as my friends? | Back to Top
All registrants of the community programs are allowed to submit ONE special request (the name of one other person to play on the same team) on or before the final registration deadline. We will endeavor to honour requests, however there is no guarantee. After the registration deadline, special requests are not guaranteed.
Can I change teams? | Back to Top
Due to the complexity of team formation based on special requests, age and gender, requests for change cannot be accommodated once teams are formed.
Do you have make-up games for games that are cancelled? | Back to Top
For the Micro program (U4 & U5), games cancelled on Monday or Tuesday due to inclement weather are automatically rescheduled to Wednesday, same time, same place.
For the Mini and Youth, for which teams are scheduled twice a week, we do not have the field time or space to re-schedule games that are cancelled due to weather.
What do I do if the weather is bad? | Back to Top
In the event of wet weather, FDSA programs scheduled on a TURF field (UNB-BMO, Willie O’Ree, Grant Harvey) will still go ahead unless there’s thunder or lightening (as per FDSA Policy 015). Turf fields are NOT closed in wet weather.
For extreme heat, please see Policy 015. If you feel the weather is too extreme, a child’s participation is left to the parent’s discretion.
Grass fields are closed by the City of Fredericton. In the event of wet weather City of Fredreciton will announce field status via Facebook & Twitter. If grass fields are closed, any FDSA program (micro, mini, youth, competitive) scheduled for a grass field will be cancelled for that evening.
For games scheduled in New Maryland or Oromocto, inclement weather updates must be confirmed through their respective hotlines:
New Maryland: 451-4732
How can I get a refund? | Back to Top
Please send an email to email@example.com, including the player’s name and reason for the request. More refund information can be found in our policy section.
My child wants to try out for a competitive team. What are the added commitments? | Back to Top
Teams in our competitive programs practice at least 2-3 times a week and play (on average) one game per week. They may also attend 1-2 tournaments per season. We encourage parents to view our Competitive Programs Information Session recording in our News section.
My child cannot attend the scheduled time for competitive team tryouts, is there another date available? | Back to Top
FDSA only runs tryouts at the scheduled times; there will be no make-up times available. Please speak directly to the coach of your age group with respect to any absences.
What happens if my child tries out for a competitive team but is not selected? | Back to Top
If your child is not selected for a competitive team, they will automatically be placed on a recreation team in their appropriate age category. However, if your child does not make a competitive team and you do NOT want them to play in our recreational league, you will need to notify the office of your ‘request for withdrawal’ via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to receive a refund.