SUMMER 2021 Volunteer Needs
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As a result of the current restrictions imposed by the Government of New Brunswick to reduce the spread of COVID19, youth sport has had to make modifications to its programming in order to ensure the health and safety of its participants and spectators during the Return to Play process.
As we continue working through the recovery phases of COVID19 in the province of New Brunswick, the FDSA has been working on its Return to Play plan. This plan is being designed to comply with guidelines and recommendations provided by government health authorities and Soccer NB.
Our Return to Play Plan necessitates the involvement of more volunteers than our traditional Summer programming. In addition to Coaches, we will require extra volunteers in order to manage the required guidelines at each facility. These positions are identified as follows:
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
Prior to sessions
- Arrive 20-30 mins prior to session
- Check-in with Field Manager
- Make sure players line up on designated cones/paint lines
- Go through the pre-participation questionnaire with all participants before they enter the field
- Do Not admit anyone who answers Yes to any of the questionnaire questions
- Take attendance
- Ensure all participants are on the Master List of the evening
- Entry is not permitted to anyone NOT on the Master List
- Advise Field Manager of anyone wishing to enter that is NOT on Master List
- Ensures that all stakeholders and participants who enter the field disinfect their hands
- Make sure each participant has only the following items inside the gates: Water Bottle, Inhaler/Epipen, Sanitizer
Once Session begins
- Make sure no one enter the field area that is not authorized
- Help ensure all participants leave the field area quickly and in the correct direction/manner
- Help Field Manager and coaches collect and sanitize balls, cones, flags etc. at the end of the session
- Ensure attendance list are placed in the Field Guide Binder to be taken back to and filed at FDSA Office.
Prior to Session
- Arrive 45 mins prior to session start
- Begin to set up location and field starting with cones outside the gates, then directional cones and field numbers
- Mark off safety zones with yellow cones
- Add Water bottle cones (SBS & SBN)
- Make sure all ball bags and cone bag are in middle of field ready for coaches
- Greet other volunteers and make sure Reception Manager and Field Marshall have players lists and sanitizing stations setup and ready.
Once Session begins
- Ensures that the health rules and regulations are respected
- Ensures that ratios and obligations are respected
- Validate training content and intervenes with coaches when needed
- Ensures that the equipment is disinfected and maintained in the safety area
PLEASE NOTE: We MUST have these volunteers present at each field for any program we wish to run. These will be scheduled by shift for each evening’s activities. If we do not have ALL of the positions present, we CANNOT commence the scheduled activity.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
* All Volunteers will be trained specifically on our Return to Play protocol operational plan and for the positions listed above *
If you can lend a hand and help with any of the above positions, please contact the FDSA office 451-1342 OR specific program directors/coordinators
Micro (U4,U5 & U6) – email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Mini (U8, U10) – email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth (U14) – email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
We need your help! We’re looking for talented and energetic people who want to make a difference.
The club is currently seeking volunteers to help run the Micro, Mini & Youth Rec programs this summer. FDSA is built on the support of parents and members of the community. Volunteering with FDSA is an easy way to give back to your community and have a large impact on our youth. It is a very rewarding experience that will stay with you for a lifetime!
No experience, No Worry! We’ll support you along the way, providing guidance and the necessary tools to have an enjoyable experience.
If you can help, please contact the following Directors/Coordinators:
Micro U4 & U6 – email@example.com
Mini U8 & U10 – Tom Carney firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth U12-18 – Rob Saunders email@example.com
Areas of Need:
U4/U6 Micro & Youth (U12-18)
- Site Leader
- Pod Leader
- Station Coach
- Station Helpers
- Assistant Coaches