Please apply with a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8th 2024
Full Job Description Below:
The Fredericton District Soccer Association (FDSA) is a non-profit soccer club in Fredericton, NB. Our mission is to provide all players in our community with the opportunity to reach their full potential as people and soccer players through the most rewarding and enjoyable soccer experience.
FDSA is seeking a qualified individual for the temporary position of Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator is responsible for a specific set of deliverables related to volunteer recruitment and retention. This position will be on a contract basis, and is funded by the Government of Canada through the Community Services Recovery Fund.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting research to gain a strong understanding of the volunteer landscape within Canadian non-profit sport, including the challenges of and best practices for recruitment and retention.
- Developing an evidence-based plan/strategy for recruitment and retention of volunteers, with a particular focus on volunteer coaches and committee members.
- Implementing a system for tracking retention year over year.
- Conducting initial recruitment of volunteer coaches for the 2024 season.
- Producing and implementing the first stages of a recruitment strategy for committee members within the new governance model of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, not for profit management, sport administration, or a related management field.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization and/or an understanding of the realities of the pressures and pain points of a volunteer-driven organization.
- Ability to conduct research, formulate recommendations, and design and implement programs.
- Communicating Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Planning and Organizing: Determine strategies to achieve the deliverables of the project and align with the overall goals of the organization.
- Solving Problems/Resolving Issues: Assess problem situations, identify root cause, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations or decisions to move forward promptly.
- Mission and Values: Highly ethical character with personal integrity; passionate about FDSA’s mission and ability to live the organization’s values.
- Office-based position, with remote/hybrid option available
- Temporary contract position with some flexibility on hours
- A total of 400 hours to be worked between January 22nd to May 3rd, 2024
The successful candidate will be paid on an hourly basis at a rate of $17.00 per hour.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by January 8th, 2023.
The FDSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.