This program is aimed at increasing the training and playing contacts and provide a committed environment for those players who are looking to explore more soccer. The Foundation program creates a more flexible and inclusive environment that aims to reduce travel and cost of participation.
We believe that looking at our players from 10-13 years old as our Competitive Foundations Phase, will help to create a clarity about what the objective is within this programming range and allow us to focus clearly on building teams that are inclusive and balanced, providing all players with more equal opportunities to develop and continue their growth as players.
U11 players are born 2011 and 2012/ U13 players are born 2009 and 2010.
We will host tryouts sessions for our U11 and U13 programs as we do with the rest of our programs to take place beginning tentatively April 20. We will have coaches evaluate players based on their performance during these tryouts. If numbers necessitate and developmentally appropriate.
We encourage all interested players and parents to attend the information session being held virtually on Wednesday, March 23rd at 7:30pm. At this time you will be able to meet the coaches and have questions answered by FDSA staff, coaches and Program Directors.
Anyone interested in trying out for the Foundations Program must be registered NO LATER than Monday, April 4th. Registration should be completed online through the PowerupSports portal https://fdsa.powerupsports.com(see Registration Info section for more information).
- Practices: 2 x/week
- Optional Skills Center for U12 includes 1 additional session each week.
- Academy for U13 includes 1 additional academy session and 1 additional strength and conditioning session
- Games: 12-15 game season
- Tournaments: Each team looks to target 1 to 2 tournaments for their group each outdoor season.
- The U11 play in a locally based league comprised mostly of FDSA teams but could include teams from Oromocto & Woodstock areas.
- The U13 play a 9v9 format and play in New Brunswick Soccer League (NBSL).
- Soccer days and times:
- Training as per team schedule
- Games U11 Friday nights, and U13 as per NBSL schedule.
- Season: May 2 – August 21st
- No programming on: May 23rd, July 4th, August 1st
- Grant-Harvey Turf / Willie O’Ree Turf
- Others – TBD
- Picture day: TBD
We would like to thank DocBraces for sponsoring the Foundations program. Your support is very much appreciated!