Last week we sent out notice of a meeting to discuss information surrounding the possibility of FDSA teams participating in a new NS/Maritime Performance League.
We have recently received correspondence indicating Canada Soccer has required the league to be pushed back until 2021. We will continue working with Canada Soccer to set a clear path for entry into the league for 2021. At this time Canada Soccer believes that there needs to be more ground work completed by the provinces before moving ahead and approving our participation. We will be continuing conversations with Canada Soccer, but unless there are changes to their stance on the program, it will not be possible
for FDSA to participate in 2020.
Unfortunately, we have made the decision to cancel this meeting.
As more information becomes available in the future, we will consider another meeting when the time is appropriate. Please understand that a tremendous amount of work and effort has gone into this so far and that we are extremely disappointed we are unable to move forward with this for 2020. However, it is a complex situation for all parties involved and it is clearly going to take some time to work through. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
At this point, we need to focus and begin planning of our winter programs. We will be having a meeting Wednesday October 23rd, 7pm at Fredericton Inn to discuss all the soccer options available during our 2019-2020 Winter Season. Please join us!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out and discuss.