Every person involved in soccer in Canada deserves an enjoyable experience with the game, regardless of the role they play, their age, their level of experience or their ability. For young players, an enjoyable experience means that they have access to high-quality programs where they can have fun with their friends, learn new skills and play the game in an appropriate format.
Clubs play an important role in this, as they are the primary providers of the soccer programs where young players experience the game in Canada. Canada Soccer has created the Skills Centre Program to guide clubs towards best principles in player development by taking a nationally coordinated approach to developing young soccer players. Skills Centres provide a challenging, enjoyable environment for players to develop and nurture the skills required to succeed in the game of soccer.
Skills Centre Goals
- Keep players involved in the game for longer by providing an enjoyable experience
- Guidelines that ensure delivery of the best possible training environment
- Develop players by increasing opportunity and access to better training and competition
Skills Centre Principles
To ensure that a holistic development environment exists for players and coaches, Canada Soccer Skill Centres will be guided by the following principles:
- High contact time with a ball
- Training resembles the Game
- Fun for everyone
- Accessible for all
- Meaningful feedback provided
FDSA’s Online system http://fdsa.powerupsports.com